Terms and Conditions
2. Data Protection(i) The Data will be used solely for administration and management of Centre courses. (ii) The Data shall not be used for commercial purposes or sold, enabled to be sold, distributed or released to any party except for the production of any information, statistics, reports, which in the opinion of the Monaghan Education Centre are necessary for its continuing development. This includes any requests from the Teaching Council and / or the Department of Education for statistics, reports, information which in the opinion of the Monaghan Education Centre it is necessary to provide. (iii) Each user has the right to request in writing a copy of any Data about themselves which is held by the Centre and have amended any such Data which is incorrect, incomplete or misleading. (iv) Cookies are used on the Website. “Cookies” are small text files sent from a website to the hard drive of a user’s computer to store bits of information relating to that user. Cookies can store information about users, including IP addresses, navigational data, survey information, data transfer of times, user preferences and passwords needed to access areas of the website. Cookies are used only to verify the identity of the visitors to the Website. (vi) All Data collected by the Monaghan Education Centre will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
3. Access to WebsiteOnly authorised persons will be granted access to the Website. There are four different levels of access: (a) Teacher. They have access to the information kept on the system about themselves. They can correct factually incorrect or inaccurate Data about themselves They can Enroll on courses and Unenroll on courses. (b) Principal. They have access to the information kept on the system about themselves as at 3 (a). They shall also have access to their school profile details and the ability to correct factually incorrect or inaccurate Data about their school profile. (c) Administrators. Administrators who are based in the Monaghan Education Centre will manage school details, teacher details, and create courses. (d) Super Administrators. Administrators who are based in the Monaghan Education Centre have access as at 3 (c) and are able to remove courses and/or schools, and/or teachers from the database.
4. Inputting and Maintaining Data(i) Only the relevant person(s) as listed in 3 may enter the Website and/or alter or delete Data on the Website. (ii) Care must be taken by the authorised person inputting the Data (and they endeavour) to ensure that any and all Data is accurate, correct, complete and appropriate for the purposes of the Website prior to, during and after its input. (iii) You are solely responsible for the content that you post on the website and Monaghan Education Centre does not endorse or has any control over the content. The content is not necessarily reviewed by Monaghan Education Centre prior to posting and the Monaghan Education Centre makes no warranties expressed or implied as to the content or to the accuracy and reliability of the content or any material or information that is posted by you.
5. Authorised Person Passwords(i) A username and/or password policy is enforced at all levels of access. The password is automatically generated by the DBMS, at Rule 3. (ii) Only person(s) so authorised under Rule 3 above will be granted a username and/or password specific to them. (iii) It is the responsibility of the authorised persons to maintain the secrecy of the username and/or password and that the password is never to be shared with anyone. The Monaghan Education Centre (as owner of the Website and its contents) accepts no liability for any third parties accessing the Data on the Website if the username and/or password has been disclosed to them by an authorised person. It is the responsibility of the user to notify the Monaghan Education Centre if they suspect that the security and confidentiality of the username and/or password has been compromised in any way. (iv) If a username and/or password is shared, the authorised person may (at the discretion of the Monaghan Education Centre) lose access privileges. (vi) The username and/or password shall be the property of the Monaghan Education Centre and may be taken from any person(s) without prior notice or cause.
6. Updating of Terms and ConditionsThe Monaghan Education Centre reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions by posting the amended terms on the Website. Changes will not be notified to system users. The amended Terms and Conditions are automatically effected immediately after they are initially posted and will govern use of the Website by the authorised user. It is the responsibility of the authorised user to regularly review the Terms and Conditions and for additional terms posted on the Website.
7. Legal CapacityYou must be eighteen (18) years of age or over to purchase goods or services from the website.
8. Cancellations / RefundsPayment of the course fee confirms your place on a course. There is a €10.00 cancellation fee for any cancellation of a place on a course. There is no refund of the course fee for cancellations made within the week (7 days) before the course commencement date.
9. ContentThe Website contains contents (including but not limited to software, interface and all other materials and/or processes contained in the Website) which are the intellectual property of the Monaghan Education Centre and is protected by copyright, patents, trade marks and/or other proprietary rights. The Teachers and Schools may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, sell, adapt, edit or create works from such content as well as add to any feature of this Website. In relation to any content posted or transmitted to the Website, it is hereby warranted by the authorised person that all rights in the content are vested in the Monaghan Education Centre and that all moral rights in such content has been waived. Where necessary, the authorised person agrees to take whatever steps that may be necessary in order to vest such rights in the Monaghan Education Centre.
10. Termination The Monaghan Education Centre is entitled to immediately terminate the use of the Website by any authorised person if it considers that they fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
You may not post, modify, distribute or re-produce in any way any copyrighted material, tradesmark or other proprietary information belonging to Monaghan Education Centre without obtaining the prior written consent of Monaghan Education Centre. It is the Policy of Monaghan Education Centre to terminate membership who infringes any copyright rights.
12. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts to settle any disputes in connection with or arising out of the use of this Website.
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is found by a Court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, such provisions shall be deemed to be deleted from the Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
14. IndemnityThe authorised person hereby agrees to indemnify the Monaghan Education Centre against all third party claims, damages, penalties, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees and expenses) to which they may become liable to the extent that results from:- (a) the authorised person’s improper use of or access to the Website; (b) any breach of these Terms and Conditions; and (c) any infringement by the authorised person through their use of the Website of any intellectual property rights or other right of any person or entity.
The Website is provided on an “as is” or “as available” basis. The Monaghan Education Centre makes no representation or warranties of any kind whether express or implied as to the operation of the Website, the information, content or materials included on the Website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Monaghan Education Centre disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantable quality and fitness for a purpose. The Monaghan Education Centre shall not be liable for any loss, interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind (including loss of profits) regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise. The Monaghan Education Centre in particular makes no warranty that the Website will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis. The above does not exclude liability for death or personal injury or for fraud.
16. Payment Handling
Payments are handed through Stripe payments This is a secure site (using SSL Certificate technology) where you will be asked to enter your credit/debit card information. Once the payment is completed you will be redirected back to the Monaghan Education Centre. site.
The Website must not be used for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable local, state, national and international law or regulation over any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms & Conditions apply only to the Website and not to the website of any other companies or organisations including those to which the Website may link. The Monaghan Education Centre is not responsible for the availability of any other site which the Website links to and does not represent or warrant that the information accessible on these websites via this Website is accurate or current or that the use of that site is free of risk of viruses or other damage. Permission must be granted by the Monaghan Education Centre for any type of link to the Website. To seek permission, a request in writing must be submitted to the Management Committee- Monaghan Education Centre.