Introduction to Assistive Technology for Teachers & SNAs in the Primary Classroom
Monaghan Education Centre – Primary School Teachers & SNAs Webinars X 2:
November 11th and 18th 2020
3.30 - 4.30 pm
Primary: Intro to Enable Ireland
- Introduction to Assistive Technology:
- What is Assistive Technology?
- How can pupils benefit from Assistive Technology?
- What kinds of Assistive Technology are available?
Webinar 1: November 11th
- iPads vs. Windows vs. chrome books
Ergonomics – emphasis on getting screen height right, accessories.
Overview of Alternative Keyboard and Mice
To include large key keyboards and child friendly mice
Brief look at alternative access – eyegaze and voice
Using the computer:
- Keyboard familiarity (i.e. First Keys software, keyboard stickers)
Online storage, particularly for iPads, Chromebooks
Software for literacy: (using programmes such as Clicker 8, Natural Reader, Penfriend, ClaroRead, Immersive Reader)
- Reading (text to speech, picture support,
Webinar 2: November 18th
Software for Maths
- Writing maths (Splash! City, Panther Math Paper etc)
Maths Drill practice (number Shark, IXL, FlipMaths etc)
Software for organisation:
- Mindmapping (inbuilt in software i.e. Clicker, or standalone i.e. Inspiration
Apps for behaviour/sensory management
- Turn taking
Sensory monitoring apps
11-11-2020 3:30 pm
Course End Date
18-11-2020 4:30 pm
Registration Start Date