The presentation on MyOn and Accelerated Reader will outline how schools across Ireland are using the resources currently and will cover the main features of both MyOn and Accelerated Reader.
• Access to 5500 new digital books with these titles available anywhere, anytime on any device including a mobile phone.
• Unlimited access to all books in a Covid-friendly environment. No danger of infection transfer.
• A mixture of fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels.
• Topic related: Many books are subject related topics across the curriculum.
• Whole school use: Books are available for the entire school and in all locations
• Projects can be set for the children to complete based around a topic/books selected by the teacher. Homework tasks can also be set.
• Opportunities to use MyON as a virtual learning environment. Many projects are pre-made by teachers and can be easily shared.
• Feedback: The teacher can comment on the children’s work and there are opportunities for peer assessment.
• Extended Schools: Reports are available to measure reading in and out of school etc.
• Connects with Accelerated Reader for comprehension assessment, monitor and track progress ensure all pupils are reading at an age-appropriate level
• Ensures that pupils have sufficient challenge in their reading
• all pupil reading and comprehension data stored in easy to read and access spreadsheets
|Course Date||26-01-2021 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||26-01-2021 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||15-12-2020|